Transpere is seeking candidates to work under supervision, to perform a variety of unskilled manual laboring tasks in our metals recycling facility. All material handlers are responsible for maintaining a clean work area. It is expected that every material handler employee will conduct his/her self in a professional manner at all times and perform all duties as assigned in a safe manner. Our material handler must also be able to communicate professionally with their peers and management.
• Prepare and sort materials or products for recycling.
• Clean recycling area by sweeping, raking, or picking up various types of debris including: metal, dirt, trash.
• Sort various grades of metal into appropriate containers for processing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or (GED).
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate verbally or in written form effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers.
• Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, touching & smelling throughout the shift.
• Problem solving, oral communication, concentration, & interpersonal abilities throughout the shift.
• Eye/hand coordination, neck motion, handling, & wrist motion throughout the shift.
• Bending, reaching, stretching, picking, and lifting ≤ 50 Lbs. throughout the shift.
• Exposure to dust, fumes, odors, grease, oil, metals, wet/hot conditions, & noise throughout the shift.
• Position open in CA, OH and TX